The new retreats offer opportunities to explore the rolling grasslands or enjoy a desert safari in northern China
Shangri-La Hotel, Baotou and Shangri-La Hotel, Huhhot have introduced new excursions that will give guests opportunities to celebrate the mystique of the Mongolian culture, its traditions and unspoiled landscape from now and until 15 September 2018.
Xilamuren Grassland Package
Guests looking to animal watch, enjoy clear blue skies and green pastures are in for a unique experience at the Xilamuren Grassland, an hour-and-a-half drive from Shangri-La Hotel, Huhhot. The excursion includes cultural pursuits such as horse riding, a Honggor Obo performance highlighting the Mongolian lifestyle, and a campfire party including a benefit-inclusive night stay in the Horizon Club Deluxe Roome, a night stay in a yurt at Xilamuren Grassland, limousine transfer, airport pick-up service, and daily breakfast at Xin Café.
The two-night Xilamuren Grassland Package is RMB 2,499 per person and includes service charge and tax.
Desert Safari Package
On the Desert Safari Package, guests will escape to Shangri-La Hotel, Baotou and take in the magnificent and golden sand dunes of the Kubuqi Desert, an hour-and-a-half drive from the hotel. Days can be spent sand surfing, barbecuing outdoors, camel riding, buggy racing or practicing archery. The package includes a two-night stay in a Deluxe Room at Shangri-La, Baotou, and one night in a Deluxe Room at Shangri-La, Huhhot. Also included are hot spring entry tickets to Hasuhai Lake for two adults, an off-road vehicle excursion across the desert with a guide (lunch included), transportation, and daily breakfast at Xin Café.
The three-night Desert Safari Package is RMB 4,088 per person or RMB 4,788 per person between 15th June and 15th September 2018 and includes service charge and tax.
Guests of both packages will receive a traditional Mongolian welcome ceremony upon arrival, and use of the hotels’ swimming pool, jacuzzi, and sauna.
Shangri-La Grassland Package
Providing couples with an extended and all-inclusive grassland adventure is Shangri-La Hotel, Huhhot. In addition to Shangri-La amenities and services, including butler service and a culinary team, the Shangri-La Grassland Package includes:
- One night stay in a Horizon Club Deluxe Room and one night in a yurt at Xilamuren Grassland with breakfast
- Round-trip limousine transfer between the hotel and either one of the following sites: Dazhao Temple, Five Pagoda Temple, Inner Mongolia Museum, Cashmere Market or Caishen Temple (on day one or day three)
- Round-trip limousine transfer between the hotel and Hohhot Baita International Airport
- Dinner buffet at Xin Café and two signature cocktails at the Lobby Lounge on day one
- Traditional Mongolian lunch on day two
- Set dinner prepared by Shangri-La’s culinary team in a yurt on day two
- An evening of outdoor Mongolian activities and a campfire gathering
The three-day, two-night Shangri-La Grassland Package is priced at RMB 11,888 plus 10% service charge and 6% tax for two people.
Visit shangri-la.com for more information.