The all-inclusive Elysian Retreat is completely off-grid, accommodates just 20 people and is being called ‘the most secluded island retreat in the Whitsundays’
What was formerly Paradise Bay Eco Resort in the Great Barrier Reef has reopened as luxury eco resort Elysian Retreat, after an almost year-long renovation by The Sojourn Retreats Group. Located on the southern tip of Long Island in the Whitsundays, the award-winning Paradise Bay Eco Resort was damaged by Cyclone Marcia in 2015 and then Cyclone Debbie in 2017, rendering the property non-operational for over three years.
The new Elysian Retreat claims to be the most secluded island retreat in the Whitsundays, located on a three-hectare private cove surrounded by rainforest in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The resort takes a more luxurious approach than its former iteration as an all-inclusive, adults-only retreat catering to a maximum 20 guests.
Included in the nightly rate is:
- Three gourmet meals daily, including three course dinners matched with Australian or New Zealand wine
- Complimentary hot drinks, soft drinks and water all day
- Sunset cocktail with canapés
- Unlimited use of all water sports equipment: Snorkelling gear, stand up paddleboards and glass-bottom kayaks
- Use of the magnesium resort pool
- Use of dedicated resort vessel, Lotus, for trips to Whitehaven Beach, secluded beach picnics or to join other existing Whitsunday tour departure points
The resort will operate off the grid, being fully solar powered and minimising its environmental footprint by reducing waste, saving and improving usage of water, power, fuel and emissions. The retreat will also make use of organic and earth-friendly products, with fresh produce sourced locally for use in the restaurant. As a result of this commitment to environmental sustainability at Elysian Retreat, The Sojourn Retreats Group has been awarded Australia’s highest ecotourism certificate. This follows on from the group’s win at the World Boutique Hotel Awards in London of Australia’s Most Sustainable Hotel for their property Pumpkin Island Retreat, located in the Keppel Islands.
Bookings are open for Elysian Retreat at elysianretreat.com.au