Luxury cruise company Silversea will launch the first vessel in its new Nova class of ships in 2023.
Its inaugural season will commence on July 15, 2023 and will include immersive sailings that range from seven to 23 days. The ship’s 10-day maiden voyage from Southampton to Lisbon will include calls in Saint Malo; three days in Bordeaux to explore the region’s historical sights, 18th-century cultural heritage, castles, vineyards, and French-style gardens; followed by Bilbao; before ending in Lisbon.
Silver Nova, with capacity for 728 guests, is scheduled to offer a total of 20 journeys during her inaugural season – in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and South America, as well as a trans-oceanic crossing.
Behind the design is architect Giacomo Mortola and his firm GEM – Design for Cruise Ships, recently named a ‘Legend of Design’ at the inaugural Cruise Ship Interiors Awards. Mortola’s collaboration with Silversea spans four decades.
“It was important to maintain Silversea’s elegant, Italian DNA, with whispered luxury and a consistent brand vision. But with Silver Nova, we had the opportunity to create something that is truly pioneering in the industry. The crowning accomplishment is the Otium suite, complete with a Jacuzzi on the balcony and 270-degree views, which is among the most luxurious suites at sea.”
The ship will offer the largest number of suite types in the company’s history – 364 suites across 13 categories – and among the most spacious at sea. There is also a collection of prized aft suites where guests will enjoy 270-degree ocean and land views.
• An asymmetrical design employs a horizontal layout, meaning suites run the entire length of the ship on four decks.
• Silver Nova’s innovative asymmetrical design allows for optimum passenger connectivity to the destinations it visits.
• A reimagined, outward-facing pool deck; an al fresco dining area; and a sky bar that offers panoramic views from the ship’s aft.
• Materials and textures used in suites have been thoughtfully selected and represent the finest Italian craftsmanship.
• Silver Nova introduces new, intuitive and modern design details, including elegant, soft lighting; headboards with integrated reading lights; and a reimagined walk-in closet design.
• The colour palette features a blend of soft and neutral tones, with deeper but subtle accents inspired by the sea and earth.
• An innovative structural design has meant that the ship’s superstructure is brought inside the ship.
• Enlarged floor-to-ceiling windows replace exterior walls in select suites – each suite provides guests with an immersive connection with the outside world.
• All suites feature a private balcony with a glass balustrade and views from most living spaces, enabling a seamless openness to the destination.
Silver Nova will feature pioneering sustainability credentials in ultra-luxury cruise travel. She is set to become the world’s first low-emissions cruise ship with advanced hybrid technology that utilises fuel cells, emitting zero harmful emissions while in port.